16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 1:58 PM by aanjan RSS
    knix Newbie

Connecting to Oracle

Trying to connect to an Oracle database and getting the following error: "Error loading tables. Please check your configuration" when create sql query. I do not see the Oracle ojdbc14.jar file anywhere.  How do I get it to connect to an Oracle database

• Re: Connecting to Oracle
        paic Collaborator

Hi Kent, not sure if you have access to our documentation/training material and the market place.

But based on the proper jdbc jar file that you have to provide, you can use the JDBC Extension creator Extension in the Marketplace to easily create a Thingworx extension that will bring in that jdbc and will allow you to connect to your Oracle DB and interact with it.

in our training material we show an example with MySQL

knix Newbie

We were able to use the JDBC Connector Extension to create the ThingWorx extension. We then used this template to create a new thing and connect to our data source using JDBC and we get the following Oracle Error: Unable to Invoke Service OracleDBService on Oracle DB Connection : Io exception: Oracle Error ORA-12650.

We tested to make sure we could connect to our Oracle DB using SQlDeveloper using JDBC driver from the server ThingWorx is on and we were able to.

Any thoughts on this?

aanjan Heavyweight Champ

Error ORA-12650 usually points to errors related to encryption. Is the server setup to accept encrypted connections?

knix Newbie

Which Server, Oracle or ThingWorx?  I can run ThingWorx both clear and secure and have tried them both. None of the configuration is pointing it to connect secure to Oracle.

We might have something configured wrong but not sure what.  We created another external jdbc source to a virtual database we have and we get the following error: [context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@78e968b6][message: Unable to Invoke Service DenService on DenConnection : connection error: Remote host closed connection during handshake]