cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do you import data from an .xls spreadsheet?

TricoSupport
7-Bedrock

How do you import data from an .xls spreadsheet?

I have converted an xls spreadsheet to xml by mapping the fields.  When I go to import using the Import from file dialog I get the following error "Error importing: error, XML Data Import Not Supported".  The version of Thingworx is ThingWorx 5.1.0.433.

3 REPLIES 3

Justin, how are you trying to import the XML file? The Import/ Export menu available at the top are for Entities/ Data and Extensions only. If you are looking to load data from an XML, you can use (or create a new service based on) some of the services like LoadXML available under Resources -> ContentLoaderFunctions. If you have a csv file, you can use the CSV Parser Extension available in the Marketplace.

I would like to load data into a data table from an .xls spreadsheet.

Justin Kolterman | Product Development

Trico Corporation

P: 262-691-1440

www.tricocorp.com<http://www.tricocorp.com/>

Mission: Protect and extend the life of critical equipment

I havent tried loading an xls file yet. You would have to have a extension written to load up each row to the DataTable. But, to make it go easier, if you can save the xls file as a csv, you can use the csv parser extension. That has a method to read the csv file. You can create a Datashape that matches the coloum of your csv file and use AddDataTableEntries service of the data table and small for loop to go through the rows to add.

Top Tags