3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 5:19 PM by jsaunders RSS
    jsaunders Newbie

How to get the localized string in an extension widget

To get the value of a localization token in a service, you can use the following snippet. Do we know what the corresponding code is inside a widget? If I use `getProperty()` on a localized string I get back something like "[[TokenName]]" (where "TokenName" is the name of the localization token the user bound to the property. Am I supposed to check for the double-brackets and look up the value of the localization token?

```var params = {
        token: "TokenName"
    };
    var result = Resources["RuntimeLocalizationFunctions"].GetEffectiveToken(params);
      • Re: How to get the localized string in an extension widget
        jsaunders Newbie

To be a bit more clear, my widget has a property called "Header" that has isLocalizable set to true. This property is bound to the localization token "TokenName". When I get the value for the property using this.getProperty("Header"), the return value is "[[TokenName]]".

So I either need to use something other than getProperty() to get the localized property value or I need to look up the localization token value (using, for example, GetEffectiveToken) if the property value starts with "[[" and ends with "]]". If I need to use GetEffectiveToken, how do I get access to the object that implements it?

jsaunders Newbie

I found TW.Runtime.convertLocalizableString('[[reply]]') but from the code I see, it seems like I shouldn't have to do that when getting the value of localized widget properties.

So that is how to look up localization tokens in a widget.

Now I need to figure out why my widget property values are coming in as "[[TokenName]]" instead of as the localized value...

jsaunders Newbie

It turns out you need to set the isLocalizable flag for the properties in runtimeProperties (in mywidget.runtime.js), not just widgetProperties (in mywidget.ide.js). For example:

this.runtimeProperties = function () {

return {

'propertyAttributes': {

'Header': {

'isLocalizable': true

}

}

};

};