cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

EMS logging permissions errors on GetPropertySubscriptions call

mburke1
1-Newbie

EMS logging permissions errors on GetPropertySubscriptions call

I am able to make remote service calls and get returned data, however... I'm getting this polled repeatedly when I get connected with a device on my EMS

[INFO ] 2015-09-16 13:59:28,222 Truck000: Error occured while accessing EMS. Checking isConnected.

[INFO ] 2015-09-16 13:59:28,251 Truck000: EMS is available: true, online: true

[INFO ] 2015-09-16 13:59:28,254 Truck000: Attempting to GetPropertySubscriptions from server failed. code: 500, result:

This is in the monitor under logs:

Unable to dispatch [ uri = /Things/*000/Services/GetPropertySubscriptions/]: Unable to Invoke Service GetPropertySubscriptions on Truck000 : Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on GetPropertySubscriptions in Truck000

The appKey I'm using to authenticate is hooked to "system" as User Name Reference.  Is this a permissions issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:mburke1)

Mike, if you are just testing, can you create an appKey with the Admin user and use that to connect?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Aanjan
9-Granite

Mike, if you are just testing, can you create an appKey with the Admin user and use that to connect?

mburke1
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

I've changed the appkey user to Administrator and the error is still there.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Are you able to browse and bind the remote properties from the 'Manage Bindings' section?

mburke1
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Yes I am.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Can you attach both config.json and config.lua files? Also, please do set the log level to TRACE in the config.json, as that would print out detailed logs. Once you get these logs, please do attach that too. Here is how to set TRACE mode in the config.json:

"logger":    {
   "level":    "TRACE",
   "publish_directory":    "/_tw_logs/",
   "publish_level":    "TRACE",
   "max_file_storage":    2000000,
   "auto_flush":    true

},

Aanjan, I think I had some intermittent connectivity issues that were making it look like it still wasn't working.  The thing does seem to bind properly now.

Top Tags