6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 4:38 PM by sfournier RSS
    roberttay Apprentice

RemoteVendingMachines thing not connected

Greetings,

I'm working through PTCU Thingworx training and on Connecting to External Data Sources with Thingworx 6.5 (Part 3 Introduction to Thingworx6.5).

I have the Remote Vending Machine Simulator running.

My Thingworx is running on 10.0.0.20:8081.

I've edited the TrainingConfig.json to point to my Thingworx instance.

When i create the RemoteVendingMachines thing and go to Manage Bindings and click the Remote tab and i get the following message:

"Error browsing properties. Be sure the remote device/server is connected and configured properly"

The Remote Vending Machine Simulator logs indicate that the RemoteVendingMachines thing is connected.

1:23:47.944 [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.CommunicationEndpoint - Sending synchronous message, waiting for response [message: BindRequestMessage [requestId: 2, method

BINDREQUEST, names: [EP_0, RemoteVendingMachines, EP_0]]]

1:23:47.946 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameEncoder - Encoding WebSocket Frame opCode=2 length=66

1:23:47.950 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameDecoder - Decoding WebSocket Frame opCode=2

1:23:47.950 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameDecoder - Decoding WebSocket Frame length=17

1:23:47.951 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.DispatchingClientEndpoint - RESPONSE received [endpoint id: 0, duration: 6] ResponseMessage [requestId: 2, endpointId: -1, sessionI

: -1, code: STATUS_SUCCESS, multipart: false, packet #: 0, total packets: 0]

However, i see the following in the log files:

11:23:48.954 [ClientProcessor-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.CommunicationEndpoint - Sending synchronous message, waiting for response [message: APIRequestMessage [requestId: 3, endpointId: 0,

sessionId: 2, method: POST, entityName: EP_0, characteristic: Services, target: GetPropertySubscriptions]]

11:23:48.954 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.DispatchingClientEndpoint - API REQUEST received [endpoint id: 0] APIRequestMessage [requestId: 3, endpointId: -1, sessionId: -1, m

ethod: POST, entityName: RemoteVendingMachines, characteristic: Unknown, target: ]

It's as if the simulator can't connect to RemoteVendingMachines thing.

Not sure why.