cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Oracle JDBC Extension connection error

chichen
5-Regular Member

Oracle JDBC Extension connection error

I have download and imported JDBC Connector from marketplace.

And then uploaded Oracle jdbc driver and got Oracle JDBC extension.

After configured the thing, I got the following error while verifying the connection:

"Unable to Invoke Service GetData on ConnOracle: Cannot get a connection, pool error Unable to validate object."

Any idea? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One thing that trips users up often is the 'validation string' usually what works is: select sysdate from dual

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I experienced the same after loading the 5.1.37 JDBC driver for mySQL.

First, be sure to *reboot* your platform after installing in order to clear out stale objects - this is required as I learned yesterday.

Then after the reboot here is the confusing thing.

I too experience the exact same error when building a Database Thing using the 5.1.37 thing template.

*However* now when I use the standard "Database" thing template to create a Database Thing with a Query Service it works.

Based on that observation, can you try to build a test Database Thing based on the "Database" template and see if it works?

I know it doesn't explain why the 5.1.37 JDBC driver still doesn't work but at least it may get you further along in your project.

Please reply and let the forum know how it turns out.

Thanks

-- Beck

One thing that trips users up often is the 'validation string' usually what works is: select sysdate from dual

Also note that once your database configuration is correctly set in the Database Thing that the table objects will show up in the Tables/Columns tab when creating a Service.  In this example, a MySQL database with three tables.

JDBC Driver Class Name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

JDBC Connection String: jdbc:mysql://<database host:port/database name

Fill the Database User Name and Database Password

Hope this helps.

chichen
5-Regular Member
(To:paic)

After changing the validation string the problem was resolved. Thanks a lot!

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:chichen)

Just thought I'd chime in here. If you are specifically using MySQL, SELECT curdate() will work as a validation string.

Top Tags