cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

setProperty method

gsantandrea
1-Newbie

setProperty method

Hello community,

I'm trying to figure out how does the property synchronization mechanism work.

I'm using TW 6.5 and the Java SDK.

If I understand well VALUE,TIME; QUALITY property is associated to each property update EVEN IF you don't specify them explicitly. I assume this because you can always invoke the "/Thingworx/Things/ThingName/PropertiesVTQ" REST API method on a Thing property.

In particular how does the setPropertyValue() method work?

I guessing this: setPropertyValue()  assumes currentTime taken at the invocation time of the setPropertyValue(), and it assumes quality GOOD.

Am I guessing right?

Giuliano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You're guessing right! The default value for the time is the currentTime when setProperty() is invoked, default for quality is GOOD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You're guessing right! The default value for the time is the currentTime when setProperty() is invoked, default for quality is GOOD.

A follow-up question: if you log a specific property in a Stream or ValueStream, is the "Quality" information logged ?

Giuliano

It should, by default. There is a service called GetPropertyQuality on both Streams and ValueStreams which gives you the quality values for a specific property.

Top Tags