cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

GoogleMap widget TooltipMashup - using the hover-over location?

pschmaltz
10-Marble

GoogleMap widget TooltipMashup - using the hover-over location?

I have specified a mashup I want to popup when I hover over a location in my GoogleMap widget. The mashup uses the location name to display the relevant data (obviously). It works ok, but I am having trouble getting the location name passed to this mashup when I hover over the location. I've only been able to figure out how to use the 'selected' location, not the one I'm hovering over, so the popup doesn't refresh well.

How do I get the value of the location I am hovering over rather than the location I've last selected/clicked on?

And once I have that, what is the best way for me to pass that to my popup mashup? I created a mashup parameter for it but it isn't clear how I would bind it in Composer from my GoogleMap widget. Alternately I suppose I might just pass it as a session parameter (which is how I've made the selected location work so far).

TIA.

8 REPLIES 8

Peter, I don't think you would be able to get 'hover over' data. If you click on the Map widget and look at it's properties on the bottom-left section, SelectedLocation is the only property (other than zoom, boundaries and events) that has two way binding. This property can take an input binding and can be bound to other widgets properties or services. So, SelectedLocation is the only property you can use to get location data.

Yeah, I was afraid that was the case (since there wasn't a convenient property waiting for me to use in the Composer UI). Is there any way to then make the popup only popup when the user clicks on the location on the map (i.e. selects it) rather than merely on hover-over? If that were possible, at least I could avoid displaying info for the wrong location in that hover over when the user moves from location to location. I suspect the answer is 'no', but figure I should ask in case I'm missing a useful subtlety. TIA.

Well, since that is a Tooltip Mashup, it will pop up when you hover over.

This could be a possible workaround, let me know what you think - instead of using the Tooltip Mashup, use the Navigation widget. Uncheck the visible property for the Navigation widget so that it won't be displayed when viewing the Mashup. Since it takes Mashup name as input, you can probably use a custom service which takes 'SelectedLocation' as input (from the Map), and then gives out a specific Mashup name based on 'SelectedLocation'. You can now bind this to the Navigation widget and set the relevant pop up setting.

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:pschmaltz)

In the GoogleMap widget, when you add the SpecifyTooltipMashup to the TooltipMashupName​ parameter of the GoogleMap widget, at the end of the properties list of the GoogleMap widget, you can see new properties which are the mashup parameter of the SpecifyTooltipMashup​.

Then, you can bind the location name of your principal mashup to a locationParameter​ of the mashup SpecifyTooltipMashup​'s parameter.

Quang-Dung

bzindy
6-Contributor
(To:qn)

Dear Quand-Dung,

i am trying to undersand the use of SpecifyTooltipMashup ==> what is that? Is that a string? a specific mashup type? a parameter?

So i found the TooltipMashupName parameter of the GoogleMap widget. How do you suggest that it should be informed? this expects a valid mashup name right?

Thanks for you help,

Bruno

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:bzindy)

Hi Bruno. you have got it right it expects a valid MashupName as you can see that the baseType for this is MashupName Google Widget. You should be able to pass the name via a service returning mashupName

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:bzindy)

Dear Bruno, yes, SpecifyTooltipMashup is the name of the mashup to provide (by selecting directly with the Picker) or to bind to TooltipMashupName parameter of the Google Maps widget.

bzindy
6-Contributor
(To:pschmaltz)

All, i got this to work very simply.

1- define the pop up mashup AND make sure that you define parameters

2- refer to this pop up mashup in your main mashup with the google map via the field TooltipMashupName

The trick is that the parameters will now appear in the google widget allowing you to relate them to a service.

I can confirm that in v7.3 the initial problem many time reported for hover over mashups was solved for me.

Bruno

Top Tags