cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Configuring a Menu to call a Service

jwilliams11
6-Contributor

Configuring a Menu to call a Service

I would like to use a menu to call a service and pass parameters from the menu's mashup to that service.  However, I don't see an option to specify a service to be called, and the only parameter that appears to be available from a Menu Widget is "Mashup".  The help documentation for a Menu Widget mentions that a parameter can be passed to a service via the "DrivePageMashupOrBindToMashupParameter" property description:  "Select if a menu will update the embedded mashup directly or if it will pass a parameter to an embedded mashup (or even a service)."

Can anyone provide guidance on how a menu can be used to call a service and pass multiple parameters from the mashup associated with the menu?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A very helpful person at the ThingWorx helpdesk investigated this issue for me, and determined that the wording in the Menu Widget help documentation was misleading.  You cannot pass a parameter to a service from a menu widget.  Instead, I am going to use a data-driven repeater widget to handle my menu options.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A very helpful person at the ThingWorx helpdesk investigated this issue for me, and determined that the wording in the Menu Widget help documentation was misleading.  You cannot pass a parameter to a service from a menu widget.  Instead, I am going to use a data-driven repeater widget to handle my menu options.

Jeff - Thanks for following up on your post!

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jwilliams11)

Please note that it can actually be done by using Session Parameters.

Not that I encourage the use of these, but if you have Session based values that need to be used in unrelated mashups, Session parameters is the way to go.

if however there is a relation between the mashups, usually this means a drill down of some type, I would recommend using the Navigation widget.

Either as a clickable button or a double click triggered service.

Top Tags