4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 4:02 PM by jasong RSS
    jasong Creator

Deprecated elements in 6.6 Extension Package Development

So, looking at my logs on import, it appears that I am doing a bunch of stuff that is going away.

Deprecated element, DV.Styles.SFDC.ButtonActiveStyle, found in extension metadata.xml! Support for StyleDefinitions in extension metadata.xml will end in the future. Please refer to the online help for updating your extension.

Deprecated element, DV.SNAttributeModification, found in extension metadata.xml! Support for DataShapes in extension metadata.xml will end in the future. Please refer to the online help for updating your extension.

Deprecated element, DV.User.Icon.16, found in extension metadata.xml! Support for MediaEntities in extension metadata.xml will end in the future. Please refer to the online help for updating your extension.

Two questions

(1) I am having trouble finding any online help regarding this issue "Please refer to the online help for updating your extension"

(2) Maybe this gets answered when I find #1, but.... What gives? Why? What is the justification for this? I really like the ability to import media, styles and DataShapes that cannot be edited. My package relies on these - if I need to pre-import editable datashapes and other entities before I install my package, that's not only inconvenient, but I can't have someone editing a data shape, my code relies on those being stable.