7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 6:41 AM by stefanbod RSS
    gvoronin Newbie

Arduino 101 Agent / SDK Question

We have a project running with the new Arduino 100( based on Intel Curie ) that takes in 3 axis accelerometer data and sends it out on BLE for the short haul. We can see the data real time on an Android phone. Now the question is, waht SK, agent, etc. can  be used to make the long haul connection with this data to ThinWorx?

Thanks,

D & G

• Re: Arduino 101 Agent / SDK Question
        cvelea Explorer

Hi,

on Arduino you can use the C SDK (download from ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » C SDK).

gvoronin Newbie

Cristian,

Thank you, just wating to hear from Thingworx to download the kit. I will update here based on the results.

This is pretty excitng stuff!

D&G

stefanbod Apprentice

Hi Christian, my programming knowledge is just limited. could you create a ZIP file I can use as a library on the Arduino IDE. I have some NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP8266 4MB Flash) that already work like charm with MQTT, but I want to replace this with a direct Thingworx connection. I already checked the REST API to publish data and this works fine, but bi-directional communication is not really possible. The MQTT subscribe as mentioned work fine, but I assume ThingWorx direct connection get help me to get rid of the Eclispe Mosquito MQTT broker.

ckrenkel Explorer

Hi @all,

how is the status for an Arduino (or similar like ESP8266) implementations?

I also want to pulish data from an embedded Thing to the TW Plattform without using MQTT.

REST works fine but i need to call some services on the device itself.

So is there a way to get some instructions to build the C-SDK for Arduino or some other informations to publish data and execute services on the device.

Thank You

stefanbod Apprentice

Hi Christian,

I already found several limitations on the esp8266 regarding iRAM area and so on. Therefore everything that consumes memory is not very welcome. My current based solution on MQTT is running fine. This also allows me to make firmware updates over the web.

ckrenkel Explorer

Hi,

thank you for your answer, but MQTT is not an option for one of our clients. He can not use an MQTT broker!

Are there any other chances to connect an embedded Platform to Thingworx? Like an Lightweight way?

Or are there any ideas for a 2-Way Communication like an self-written protocoll specific for embedded controllers and a Extension to communicate in TW.