I have a thing at my Developer zone which I am unable to delete or edit. Trying to delete it gives the following popup:
Not all selected entities could be deleted.
|Entity Name||Entity Type|
|DynamicNode||Things||Fail - Unable to delete thing: [DynamicNode] null|
I also get the following error to the log:
[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@612b1b3][message: Unable to delete thing: [DynamicNode] null]
If I try to edit DynamicNode thing or anything that is dependent of it I get the following error:
save failed, status: "Internal Server Error", message: "Import Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException"
From this action I get the following log entries:
[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@56ac97d7][message: Import Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException]
*** Unable to activate property bindings on original Thing: [DynamicNode] ***
Error occurred while validating HTTP parameter: reason
Unable to process import: java.lang.NullPointerException
This problem occurred when I was trying to create a service which would bind DynamicNode to another Thing given as the input parameter. Is there any way to delete the thing?
This is how I ended up solving the problem:
1. exported everything to a file.
(2. Importing the file to a fresh developer's zone server might not work out because of the broken things.)
3. Create new Things to the new server with the same names as the things which were causing problems.
4. Importing the file to the new server
5. Delete things which were created in step 3.