4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 11:09 PM by jmehta RSS
    jmehta Newbie

Websockets and Thingworx

Hi,

Is there anyway where Thingworx server can subscribe to a device through websocket and can receive push notifications from the device?

• Re: Websockets and Thingworx
        billrei Creator

All of the ThingWorx SDKs (C,Java & .net) create web sockets and push data to ThingWorx through them from your device to the server.Look in the market place to download one of these. Here is a link to the Java SDK. ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » Java SDK

jmehta Newbie

Thanks. What i want is to write an application that communicates with devices through websockets and then based on the response of devices i would like to populate datatable or call a service. I am not sure if i can do it through extensions and port the application on server itself.

jdocken Explorer

By application are you referring to a mashup?  Mashups cannot communicate with a device directly, but can interact with a Thing representing the device.  Thingworx already uses websockets to communicate with devices and can expose services on the device through the Thing so that mashups can invoke them.

jmehta Newbie

Not exactly mashup , a separate application written in JAVA which interacts with devices and then populate datatable in the server,

Question is can i have this application in form of extension or something like that?