cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Display units on y-axis of a time series chart

aosama
1-Newbie

Display units on y-axis of a time series chart

Is there a way to display a unit (for example, cm, m3, KWh...etc ) on the Y-axis in the time series chart.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
stanislav
6-Contributor
(To:aosama)

I am also interested in this topic. I have noticed there is no way to set the axis labels for time series charts. The label charts do have this option, but it does not accept dynamic values which makes the feature useless.

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:aosama)

It does seem odd that axis titles weren't included in the widget.  

This is an old post, but one solution would be to nest the time series chart inside a horizontal layout widget with sidebar, inside a vertical layout widget with footer (or vice versa).  The sidebar and footer would then have panels with Label widgets to act as the axis titles with whatever info you want to display.  

If I interpreted this wrong and you meant have the units with each number label on the axis, I just tried adding letters ('KM' in this case) to the 'YAxisFormat' property of the time series chart and it seems to have worked as shown below.

TSC axis labels format.PNGTSC axis labels.PNG

Hi @aosama ,

Please confirm whether solution provided by @Ascherer17  worked for you. Thanks!

Regards,

Mandar

Top Tags