2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 7:29 AM by trauhut RSS
    trauhut Explorer

Virtual Things unsing Java Edge SDK: Composer and Value Stream issues

Hello Community,

last week i started working with TWX Java Edge SDK. I tried this Steam Sensor Example with virtual things.

If you cannot see any unbound thing, although there is an active websocket you might have tried some Steam Sensor Example with C# SDK...

By doing so you might have created a gatewaything wich is blocking your new virtual thing -> destroy the old old one or rename in you Java progamm... 

To fix the issue of values of a connected remote thing not updating you have to make some changes in your properties (cloud):

Remote Thing -> Properties -> Remote Property -> Cach Options:

Read from Server Cach --> Fached from Remote every Read

Unfortunately i guess its not working fine with Composer 5...

Right now you can see your updated values. With composer 6.5 its working fine.

Generally sometimes updating values freezes my composer. I don't know why...

My next step was to log the transmitted data in my cloud.

With Composer 5 this is a problem, because data of virtual things are not logged directly...

So you have to push updating every time... maybe there is also a better solution?

One big issue right now is that data is not logged synchronously so that some properties are updated erlier than others.

This means that in foraxample a grid my data does not fit to each other.

Do you have a solution for this?

If i have to solve this by using Java SDK without Virtual Things i dont know how to do this right now...