cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creating metadata.xml for a new Widget

jrodrigues1
1-Newbie

Creating metadata.xml for a new Widget

Hi everyone,

I need to change the configuration of a List widget to create a second column and I already have the source code of the default List Widget.

I've read all the support documentation and explored the HelloWorld Widget that is available for example.

Before I start doing my new List Widget I copied the default code of one textbox widget and changed the name of the files and created a standart metada.xml just to try importing it to Thingworx and worked perfectlly.

But now I've done the same thing with the List Widget but is not working, the error that is appearing is: "[context: Extension Exception: [package: List_Widget, error: Error while deploying package.]][message: [package: List_Widget, error: Error while deploying package.]]"

My metadata.xml code:

<Entities>

<ExtensionPackages>

<ExtensionPackage name="ListWidget2" description="A list example widget." vendor="myCompany" packageVersion="1.0" minimumThingWorxVersion="5.4.0" />

</ExtensionPackages>

<Widgets>

<Widget name="newlist2">

<UIResources>

<!-- Studio ONLY -->

<FileResource type="JS" file="dhxlist2.customdialog.ide.js" description="" isDevelopment="true" isRuntime="false" />

<FileResource type="JS" file="dhxlist2.ide.js" description="" isDevelopment="true" isRuntime="false" />

<FileResource type="CSS" file="dhxlist2.ide.css" description="" isDevelopment="true" isRuntime="false" />

<!-- Runtime/Squeal ONLY -->

<FileResource type="CSS" file="dhxlist2.runtime.css" description="" isDevelopment="false" isRuntime="true" />

<FileResource type="JS" file="dhxlist2.runtime.js" description="" isDevelopment="false" isRuntime="true" />

</UIResources>

</Widget>

</Widgets>

</Entities>

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This might sound like a silly question, but are your 5 JS and CSS files included in your extension?

The format it should follow is:

Extension

• ui
    • newlist2
      • dhxlist2.customdialog.ide.js
      • dhxlist2.ide.js
      • dhxlist2.ide.css
      • dhxlist2.runtime.css
      • dhxlist2.runtime.js

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This might sound like a silly question, but are your 5 JS and CSS files included in your extension?

The format it should follow is:

Extension

• ui
    • newlist2
      • dhxlist2.customdialog.ide.js
      • dhxlist2.ide.js
      • dhxlist2.ide.css
      • dhxlist2.runtime.css
      • dhxlist2.runtime.js

Its silly but it works, its not silly at all!

Thanks. I had the wrong path

Top Tags