cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Rhino version

sebastienl
1-Newbie

Rhino version

Hi,

I'm trying to parse an ISO String date with a time zone in a JS service (2016-03-23T17:38:01.045+0100) and it looks like the JS engine is not able to handle it. When I try to print the date in logs I get this error : Invalid Date.

I tried the same code directly in Rhino console from the jar delivered in Thingworx and I get the same issue (sound logic, but it was just to be sure) :

D:\Applications\apache-tomcat-8.0.29\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\lib>java -jar custom-rhino-js-5.1.0.jar

Rhino 1.7 release 5 PRERELEASE 2013 10 14

js> var t = new Date("2016-03-23T17:38:01.045+0100");

js> t

Invalid Date

js>

Then I tried the same code in the last version of Rhino and it work perfectly :

D:\tmp>java -jar rhino-1.7.7.1.jar

Rhino 1.7.7.1 2016 02 03

js> var t = new Date("2016-03-23T17:38:01.045+0100");

js> t

Wed Mar 23 2016 17:38:01 GMT+0100 (CET)

js>

So my question is : Is there a way to upgrade Rhino engine embedded in Thingworx to the last version ?

Thanks a lot,

Sébastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sébastien,

What you are trying to accomplish? I mean, Javascript used on server side, doesn't use Standard Date objects, they map it to Java Joda Time library, then still if you compile it with the latest Rhino it "won't work".

If you want to parse dates with Offsets you can use parseDateISO script function that they provide on code snippets, if you want to do real TimeZone Date operations, then you are out of luck with Standard TW features. You will need to build a custom extension in Java to provide this features to Server Side Javascript, I already had done one, it's not a hard work, as the required Joda Time libraries are embedded with the platform.

Carles.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Sébastien,

What you are trying to accomplish? I mean, Javascript used on server side, doesn't use Standard Date objects, they map it to Java Joda Time library, then still if you compile it with the latest Rhino it "won't work".

If you want to parse dates with Offsets you can use parseDateISO script function that they provide on code snippets, if you want to do real TimeZone Date operations, then you are out of luck with Standard TW features. You will need to build a custom extension in Java to provide this features to Server Side Javascript, I already had done one, it's not a hard work, as the required Joda Time libraries are embedded with the platform.

Carles.

Hi Carles,

Thanks a lot for your answer, parseDateISO is what I was looking for ! I'm wondering why I didn't search this in snippets myself....

Nice to see that we can have quick help on the forum !

Seb

Top Tags