5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 7:37 AM by byutz RSS
    byutz Apprentice

Sending emails in 7.0

I am having issues with the mail server in the new 7.0 version of Thingworx.  I imported my mail thing, and it has all the same settings, but it keeps trying to send an email out of port 25(not the port I have in my settings) and fails every time.  Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Thanks!

• Re: Sending emails in 7.0
        aanjan Heavyweight Champ

Brian, have you created a new ThingTemplate based on the MailThing template and working based off that?

byutz Apprentice

Yes, I tried creating a new thing, based on the mail server thing template, and have it set up exactly like I do on my 6.5 Thingworx server.  I also imported my mail thing from my other server, and it had the same exact issue.  Here is the error I get:

Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on MailNew : Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 25

Settings:

aanjan Heavyweight Champ

Brian, what is the configuration on that Thing? I created a MailThingTemplate based on the default MailServer and created a Thing based on my custom MailThingTemplate. I set the SMTP port as 80 on my Template and 8080 on my Thing. Now, if I tried sending a message from my Thing, it did take the port (8080) that I set on my Thing.

hlee Newbie

Hi,

it happens same to me

I guess probably it's for SSL. the other MailServerThing with other mail server configuration without SSL, it succeeded

byutz Apprentice

Thanks for the info!  I have a support ticket filled out with Tech Support, and it seems like there is a bug in version 7.0 that is causing trouble.  They are currently working on it and I will post when it is resolved.