cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Popup triggered on mashup load

byutz
1-Newbie

Popup triggered on mashup load

I have a master mashup with a main menu that can lead to several different pages.  When I first load the application, I want a navigation button triggered that pops up a mashup that the user can select a few items that will drive the rest of the mashups.  My issue is that if I trigger the popup on mashup load, every time a user navigates back to that page, the pop up returns.  I can think of a few ways around this, but is there a "proper" way?  Can you trigger a popup off of a variable returned from a service?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brian, one way will be setting a session parameter when the pick is made and then check if the user selects something bypass the pop up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Brian, one way will be setting a session parameter when the pick is made and then check if the user selects something bypass the pop up.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:byutz)

Brian, the Mashup loaded event is a one way event, so it will be triggered each time the Mashup is loaded. Instead of triggering it on the initial load, can you interject anything there that would require the user to click something in order to display this pop up? That way, when the user navigates back to the home page, the pop up doesn't, well, pop up unless clicked.

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan, thats how I had it originally, but I thought it would be slick to have it popup on the very first load.  Its not crucial, but I thought I would check an see if there is anyway around it.  Sounds like using a session variable is the best way to go.  Thanks for the replies!

Top Tags