cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Get current Mashup name from Master

srudenkov
1-Newbie

Get current Mashup name from Master

I have master that is actually a header. I would like to know which Mashup is currently displaying.

Could you suggest the way of obtaining this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Sergei, I don't think you can get the Mashup name from the Master, as the Master is not tied to anything; it just has a generic Contained Mashup. If you just want to know the name for development purposes, you can click on 'Show/Hide Debug Info' and that will display the Mashup hierarchy.

Sergei, another approach could be to use Session variables possibly.  Have a "SetSessionVar" helper service that runs on mashup load, set the "last loaded" session variable through that and then access that variable to see what the last mashup loaded was.

This might fall apart if you have multiple tabs open.

You could also explore mashup parameters and setting a parameter value to the mashup name so you could provide that to a service as a parameter entry.

You can also achieve this with a Mashup parameter. Have a parameter in the master and one in each of the mashups. You will need to set a TextBox with the value in the mashup itself to then hardcode the name and pass that back up.

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hello, I'm working on TWX 7.1.2 and it's not possible to add a mashup parameter for a Master mashup. The Master mashup doesn't have the option "Configure Mashup Parameters" as in normal mashup. Is this a bug ?

Top Tags