10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 8:52 AM by tvoss RSS
    adrianpet Creator

What permissions do you need in order to create data table, streams, value streams, blogs and wikis?

Hi all,

I am trying to create data storage and collaboration collection entities inside TWX7.0 with Postgres and have some issues with this. I am able to create any of the mentioned entities (data table, streams, value streams, blogs and wikis) with a user that is part of the Developers or Administrators default groups but when I try to set this up for a simple user I am not able to do it. I did grant the following permissions:

1. Run Time and Visibility permissions for this user on the Persistence Providers collection

2. Run Time and Visibility permissions for this user on the ThingworxPersistenceProvider entity;

3. Run Time and Visibility permissions on the PlatformSubsystem.

4. Visibility, Visibility Instance, Design Time, Design Time Instance, Run Time and Run Time instance permissions for this user on the Blog Thing Template;

5. Run Time, Design Time and Visibility permissions for this user on the Blog Data Shape;

The message error displayed when i try to save the blog entity is: "save failed, status: "Internal Server Error", message: "Import Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException"

The message error displayed in the log file is: [context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@7e0a38b6][message: Entity Not Found : [BlogThing]] and [context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@1c485656][message: Import Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException]

Do I miss something? Is there something else that I have to set up in order to be able to create a blog or any other of the data storage and collaboration entities?

Thank you,

Adrian