cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Setting property of a thing with value, time stamp and quality

sdelausnay
7-Bedrock

Setting property of a thing with value, time stamp and quality

I have different properties for several things which have a value, time stamp and quality. The value should be logged and I should be able to add an alert level. What is the best way to set up these properties?

6 REPLIES 6

Steven, what type of properties would they be? If the properties are going to be the same on multiple Things, you can set them on a ThingTemplate level or branch out to ThingShape levels, it would depend on your use case. Can you expand on your use case as well?

Hey,

I have added them on a ThingShape level so I can easily add them to different things. I'm actually looking for a property basetype like a VTQ where besides the value, I can also set the timestamp and quality.

I think I found a solution requiring a bit more properties but it is manageable. I also found that it also better to use a Stream in stead of a streamValue because then I can use my timestamp in stead of the system time. But when I run my code a couple of times, only a random amount of stream values are actually added.

Just so I understand, you run code to add/ update stream entries but not all entries are getting added/ updated?

Yep, if I add them to quickly after each other using a script. Not all of them are actually added.

You're sending in timestamps as well, correct? Do they overlap by any chance?

I use my own Timestamp property for my timestamp value, not the timestamp from the dataTable. This one contains the time when the properties are added to the stream.

Top Tags