cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Repeater widget performance POC

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Repeater widget performance POC

Developed one POC to check if repeater performance improves(fast response) and for that I did:

1. Created a child mashup (contains repeater widget) and Parent mashup to invoke child Mashup to display rows of data.

2. Mashup types used are:

-MASHUP

-ThingTemplate

3. I tried different combinations of Mashup types to check out the Runtime response time.Like:

(A) Child mashup and Parent mashup both as MASHUP type. 

(B) Child mashup as MASHUP type and Parent mashup as ThingTemplate type

(C) Child mashup as ThingTemplate type and Parent mashup as MASHUP type.

4. Above every combination of mashups used same type and number of services for data fetching.

5.Used F12 console to capture Runtime of all combinations.

6. Found case (A) with the minimum finish time.

Note: Thingworx version used is 6.5.

Hope to see new versions of ThingWorx will come-up with better performance of Repeater widget data display. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Tarum,

As a general non written recommendation, don't use other than MASHUP type to build mashups. The others will cause you just pain.

Carles.

I've heard from the Thingworx team that 6.6 includes performance enhancements to Repeaters, particularly for IE.  Also, my team's experience is that Thingworx 7 performs better overall.  I'd recommend upgrading.

To add to both Carles and Chris's point, version 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 (essentially 7.x) has updates based on repeater rendering and performance (and always using Mashup type to build your Mashup). The release notes available under the Welcome to ThingWorx section in the Help Center has more information regarding what has been improved/ patched.

Top Tags