21 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 2:58 PM by ilopez RSS
    pjoly Apprentice

120 days not working

I have no problem with the 30 days foundation or analytics but I just activated the new 120 days free trial for developper  and it doesn't work :

- no IP adresse displayed

- always coming back to developper dashboard and nothing happen.

So I'm now at 119 days without any test performed

Any idea ?

Regards

• Re: 120 days not working
        ttielebein Collaborator

So when you activated the 120 day free trial, it showed up as there only being 1 day left right away, and there was no way to access the instance?

polinao Collaborator

What browser are you using? You may check for 1) firewall block 2) if the pop-ups in the browser are disabled.

Another thing to possibly help troubleshoot is to use the browser developer tools, through the network tab. See if anything suspicious is happening in the log when trying to connect.

omenuel Newbie

I have exactly the same problem...

No way to access the 120 days trial. The link does not work (blank on IE, dashboard page en chrome/FF)

brandongn Explorer

Hello Pascal,

Currently the 120 day trial is a downloaded version of the platform that you'll need to host locally.

When you click the "Request Developer Trial Edition" button you should have a dialogue box appear with a few questions to fill out. Once you finish, you should see a "Download Foundation Server" button under "My Downloads".

This should download a zip file that will include a pdf with some information about what's available with the freemium version, a Thingworx.war file that will be used to set up your Foundation server, and a few other embedded .zip files that provide some other optional functionality.

To install Foundation, I suggest you check out the ThingWorx Foundation Installation How To at the following link http://developer.thingworx.com/thingworx-installation.

Finally, the 120 day counter let's you know how long your locally hosted version of Foundation is valid.

Hopefully this helps clear up the issues with the 120 day free trial version.

Thank you,

Brandon Gnesda

pjoly Apprentice

Hello

Still not able to download the zip file for the "downloaded version". Same problem, always coming back to the dashboard page !

Is there  a direct link somewhere to download it ?

I have not started any test by the counter is decreasing every day ....

Regards

brandongn Explorer

Hello Pascal,

Hopefully you've noticed that the status for your server was reset. You should now be able to create either a 30 or 120 day trial for Foundation. Also note that if you create a 30 day Foundation trial you won't be able to create a 120 day trail and vice versa.

Let me know if you experience any issues.

Thank You,

Brandon Gnesda

pjoly Apprentice

Hello

Unfortunately nothing has changed except I have now only 104 days remainining now ( )

the status of the server is "stopped" , I cannot start it and I cannot download the server (exactly as before)

Regards

Pascal

brandongn Explorer

Hey Pascal,

I went back and took a look at the screenshot you included. I just wanted to confirm, you launched a 30 day Foundation and 30 day Analytics first, and those were both successful correct? Then you tried to launch a 120 day Foundation and it was not successful?

Thanks,

Brandon

pjoly Apprentice

Hello

In fact I first tried the 120 days (hosted) but it was not working so I tested after the 30 days one and they were working.

After that you told me that only the 120 days downloaded should be used but I cannot download it.

Can you please  reset my account or should I create a new account (gmail accepted ?) ?

But not sure it will help as I asked a colleague to try to download the 120 days  from another location but he has exactly the same problem...

Thanks

Pascal

ilopez Explorer

Hello Brandon,

I experienced the 30 days trial that is now expired. Then, with the same account, I downloaded and installed the 120 days that is not working (It actually never worked!). I have just read your previous comment In which you state that the use of  the 30 days trial excludes the possibility to use the120 days. Can you confirm it please? Does it mean that I could log in with a new account and directly launch/ activate the 120 days? Should it work in this way?

Thank you in advance

Ivan

jebeck Apprentice

Ivan,

Since your 30-day hosted server period has expired, you should download the 120-day trial and work in your local environment.  The trial period for the 120-day trial will not start until you launch the local server.

Were you able to download the zip file successfully and install?  The zip file is located in the "My Downloads" section of the Developer Portal.

ilopez Explorer

hello Jeff,

yes, I downloaded it and installed the thingworx H2 by installing Tomcat 8.5 and putting in the right folder thingworx.war file, by following the installation guide of thingworx 7.2.1. I tried to launch then Tomcat (and it works) but the launch by localhost/thingworx url in the web browser does not work.

For this reason, I am not able to launch the thingworx H2 installed on my local pc and I was thinking  the problem was that I already used the 30days trial, expired.

I can  tell you that I am also using Java 8, so I think there should not be issues about versions compatibility.

I would be really thankful if you can help me.

Ivan

ilopez Explorer

hello Jeff,

I succeded in installing TW H2 on my local pc.

Anyway, thank you.

Ivan

brandongn Explorer

Pascal,

I just wanted to confirm that your server is now working correctly.

Thanks,

Brandon Gnesda

pjoly Apprentice

Hello

yes the server is working fine now.

Just an issue with the "learning connector" which displays always  nothing.

Perhaps an issue with the default language ? (French in my Browser), but I don't know how to change default language  into English for the Learning Connector

Pascal