cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How do you prevent loss of tabs on low resolution screens?

cjones-5
1-Newbie

How do you prevent loss of tabs on low resolution screens?

We are using a contained mashup that has a layout split by percentages of the page. When the resolution is too small, it cuts off some of the tabs that are necessary. Is there a way to change the formatting to a minimum size? For example, it might be 15% of the page but a minimum of 200 pixels so we don't cut it off? The low resolution is from using the site on an iPad. We are using Thingworx 6.0.

6 REPLIES 6
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:cjones-5)

Cameron, just to clarify, by loss of tabs, are you using a Responsive Tab widget and some of the tabs are getting cut off? Do you get a horizontal scroll bar?

Yes, I do not get a horizontal scroll bar. I ran the page on a mobile emulator and as you shrank the resolution the tabs drop out one by one.

qngo
5-Regular Member

A minimum size can be set with left / right side bar or header / footer, but not percentage of the page and a minimum size together.

I have been poking around in our mashups and had this idea. Our master mashup has a siderbar and header; I was hoping I could use the window object to get the resolution and then make some modifications but it seems that the javascript for Thingworx doesn't have window or screen. Is there another way to get the resolution?

I resolved this by change the responsive_tabs widget's holder into a sidebar instead of a column. This resolved the issue and now the tabs are always displayed.

qngo
5-Regular Member

Yes, that's how I usually do, a layout with sidebar / header / footer in a column or a row.

Top Tags