This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
That's not easy to answer, lets try...
- Gadgets on dashboards has static parameter values, it means that the Dashboard doesn't pass any dynamic/variable parameter to the Gadget. It's like you take a photo of gadget parameters values ( from the mashup which contains de Gadget ) when you "send" it to a Dashboard
- As for the previous sentence, when you ask "How can I pass on parameters to gadgets inside the dashboard?" if I understand well the question --> You can't.
- About the EditParameters --> This is a new feature of 7.X, an interesting one which allows you to change the previous "photo" of gadgets's parameter values. I'm not on 7.X, but I'm moving soon and I will use for sure.
Once said previous things:
- If you want to parametrize Gadgets, you need to build mashups which passes the desired parameters to the gadgets --> "basically" means to put the Gadgets ( Drag an Drop from "Mashups" sheet on Mashup Editor ) on the Mashup, and then bind to the Gadget parameters the desired parameter values.
- Option 1: from Add Gadget: How do you use this especial mashups, you build the mashup and set the property "MashupToAddGadgets" on Dashboard widget with this Mashup. With this option done, when you are viewing the Dashboard you can use "Add Gadget" from the Dashboard and the previous mashup will appear
- Option 2: from Edit Gadget Parameters ( TW 7.X ): Same as before but applied to the specific gadget, you have an option apart of the "EnableParameterEditing" on the gadget, which it's "MashupToEditGadget" which allows you to set a especial Mashup to edit Gadget Parameters.
Hope it helps