4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 2:27 PM by aanjan RSS
    alexe Apprentice

Thingworx Trial - Business Process Editor

In the developer zone, AWS-hosted trial of Thingworx Foundation, Thingworx Utilities comes prepackaged, which is fantastic. Its nice to be able to see and interact with all that stuff. However, it looks like the process builder stuff, or workflows, or whatever you want to call it, is a notable exception. Can't find/access it anywhere

What's the deal here? Is there a good way I can get access to the Business Process Editor/Manager as well? Why is the developer edition limited in this way, everything else seems fairly open and available.

Thanks for your help!

Alex

• Re: Thingworx Trial - Business Process Editor
        aanjan Heavyweight Champ

Alex, just a quick note - as our extensions are available on the Marketplace, you should be able to download and import them onto your instance. Are you looking for the Business Process Management extension package that was available with ThingWorx 6.6?

ttielebein Collaborator

Are you talking about Workflow Builder? That is packaged separately as ThingWorx Workflow. In order to have Utilities totally installed, you would need to download and import ThingWorx Workflow, ThingWorx Software Content Manager, and ThingWorx Remote Access and Control in addition to the basic ThingWorx Utilities package.

Hope this helps!

Tori

alexe Apprentice

Thanks Tori and Aanjan,

I think "yes" to both, because it's my assumption that they are the same thing, just with different marketing names/skins....  It's been a little hard to keep track of these products, their packaging, their naming, and their availability as they got acquired/developed/whatever. Are we not all talking about the same thing here? 

Regardless, I think what is currently titled "Thingworx Workflow Management" is the toolset I am looking for. And while it IS listed on the Marketplace it is only available for download through the official PTC Software Download page. Of course, for me its not listed there, which I suppose is a factor of our contract. Anyone from ThWx care to check on that? Or go as far as doing me the huge favor of enabling my access to it? Not sure if that's in anyone's power here, feel free to email me with any questions if appropriate. I'm sure there are better channels for this.

Still, can't hurt to ask!

Thanks,

Alex