cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

In the numeric entry widget underscore is allowed. Why this is happening?

snatarajan-2
6-Contributor

In the numeric entry widget underscore is allowed. Why this is happening?

I am using a numeric widget to store data in my database but when I enter an underscore in the numeric entry widget it is allowing it. Please check and respond.

5 REPLIES 5
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:snatarajan-2)

Sasi,

Why are you trying to enter an underscore in the numeric entry widget? Is there a use case that you need an underscore with numbers?

Meghan

I am trying to do a validation. If I enter anything except a digit in the numeric widget it should throw an error. I wrote java script for that and If i use the base type as string it will work but when i choose a number it does not work. Since numeric entry widget doesn't allow any other special characters. Why is it allowing underscore? 

Java 8 allows underscores in numbers to make them more readable. I'd guess the widget is following suit e.g.

100_000_000 is the same as 100000000

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:brsmith)

Except that Thingworx itself doesn't process it that way, right now Thingworx will read 1_000 as 1 vs. 1000

Well, it was a guess

Top Tags