cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mashup auto update without autorefresh widget when data table change happens

tayyasamy
1-Newbie

Mashup auto update without autorefresh widget when data table change happens

Hi, In Thingworx 7.2, whenever data change happens to properties, it is automatically updating in mashup. But, if datatable changes, how i can automatically update mashup?

9 REPLIES 9
mchehaibi
5-Regular Member
(To:tayyasamy)

Hi Thangavel,

To display Datable Changes in the Mashup you could create a service that executes every period of time. That service would then fetch the most recent entries in you Datatable then update the MAshup accordingly.

The time period after which the Service executes repeatedly could then be determined based on the frequency you estimate your Datatable would change.

Best Regards,

Amine

Thanks. I want it should update automatically.

Thangavel, to what widgets are you binding your data to? There are couple different ways to update/ refresh the data that is bound.

Thanks.

To display in gridview.

You can use the Auto Refresh widget and bind the Refresh event to the service that populates the Grid. You can change the time interval to your specifications (default is 30 seconds).

I didn't test it.

I you want to do it auto-refresh/efficient, without polling, you may create a property which records the number of updates on the DataTable, and bind that auto refresh property ( websockets on TW 7.2 ) to the mashup, then with an expression widget if you detect a property change, then do the real query for the DataTable.

Carles.

Well it may be easier than said, after reading this:

You can bind ServiceInvokeCompleted event on GetProperty service to the Service which triggers the DataTable Query

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles,

does it work for you? I have some troubles with it. I manage to get it work on a very simple mashup, but just one time. Now no matter what I do it does not update values, nor any other services are triggered by ServiceInvokeCompleted.

Any special steps while this is a websocket communication?

I am using HTTPS only on my server? Does that switch to wss automaticaly?

Thanks

Hi Tomas,

I'm on 6.5.13 still I can't use this feature, I can't be on help here for now.

Sorry, Carles.

Top Tags