cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

VTQ how does that work

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

VTQ how does that work

Hi guys,

does anyone knows how TQ are defined and processed in ThingWorx.

We are use to seeing those VTQs in SCADA systems, where the quality tag travels across whole system from its source(PLC) to the consumer(OPC client).

I have not found anything about this in Thingworx reference guide.

If you display my property as VTQ all of those are GOOD, so I kind a missing the point.

It has to do something of coarse, otherwise it would not be there..

Any knowledge about this stuff?

Thanks

Tomas

Enjoy your weekend.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:tcoufal)

Hello,

SetPropertyVTQ just allows for a datetime and quality status to be set when setting a property. This can be used for charting the property updates in Time Series Charts, logging the property updates, etc. The service definition can be found in the Help Center. Here is an example of a SetPropertyVTQ call from the .Net SDK:

using com.thingworx.types.primitives.structs; // this is for VTQ object

using com.thingworx.types.primitives; // for the primitive object below (other examples are IntegerPrimitive or NumberPrimitive)

using com.thingworx.types.constants; // this contains the QualityStatus class

this.setPropertyVTQ("Property1", new VTQ(new StringPrimitive(value), DateTime.Now, QualityStatus.GOOD), true); // give the property name, the VTQ information, and a boolean which tells the method whether or not to force an update

Hope this helps at all!

Tori

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

VTQ indeed matches up with SCADA systems.

You can write VTQ from the Agent to a property, you can even do it through services/rest api

If you don't provide T or Q then T becomes the time of the update and Q becomes either unknown or good, sounds like it becomes good from your experience.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks,

I got it know.

Have not found the possbility to write VTQ in my Kepware Server, maybe I missed it though

Have a nice day

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Hello,

SetPropertyVTQ just allows for a datetime and quality status to be set when setting a property. This can be used for charting the property updates in Time Series Charts, logging the property updates, etc. The service definition can be found in the Help Center. Here is an example of a SetPropertyVTQ call from the .Net SDK:

using com.thingworx.types.primitives.structs; // this is for VTQ object

using com.thingworx.types.primitives; // for the primitive object below (other examples are IntegerPrimitive or NumberPrimitive)

using com.thingworx.types.constants; // this contains the QualityStatus class

this.setPropertyVTQ("Property1", new VTQ(new StringPrimitive(value), DateTime.Now, QualityStatus.GOOD), true); // give the property name, the VTQ information, and a boolean which tells the method whether or not to force an update

Hope this helps at all!

Tori

Top Tags