cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Modelling in Thingworx a data like a table of data base

dbologna1
1-Newbie

Modelling in Thingworx a data like a table of data base

Hi All,

I need to store inside thingworx the information taked from db table or csv file (the structure of this data are 4 columns for 100 rows in the first step, but the numbers of the rows are growing).

These data  will be accessed by services that use a input parameter to return only one information (the input parametri will identfy onli one row of this data).

Please, can you help about the following information :

1) what  Entity I used to store the data on thingworx?

2) how I can to develop a service to take information form this entity?

3) how I use to devlop service for add or remove  data on this entity ?

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

2 REPLIES 2

Dimitri, there are different methods to do this. You would essentially need to create a database connection (if you have a DB) or use something like the CSV parser extension to load the csv data into ThingWorx. The database connection can be done in numerous ways as well; depending on your database, through a JDBC extension or through ADO. I would recommend going through the Connecting to External Data Sources tutorial section.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dbologna1)

If you have this data in a database already, you can use the method that Aanjan suggests.

If you want it in Thingworx, in Thingworx there are DataTables, they use a DataShape that have a primary key defined for them.

They basically mimic a relational database table. It also comes with all sorts of built-in services to do Add/Query/Delete etc.

Top Tags