6 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 12:12 PM by qngo RSS
    jwilliams Explorer

Has anyone gotten the PDF Extension to work?

Hi.  I'm trying to use the PDF Extension by PTC downloaded from the ThingWorx Marketplace, but I keep getting the following error when I test the CreatePDF service from within the PDFExport Thing in Composer:

Error: invalid page URL input. The ServerAddress is: <mashup URL>

I get this error regardless of the mashup URL I plug into the "Server Address" input parameter.

Unfortunately this extension is not supported by ThingWorx and is provided in "as-is" condition, as stipulated in the information provide in the Marketplace.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc?

Thanks,

Jeff

• Re: Has anyone gotten the PDF Extension to work?
        aanjan Heavyweight Champ

Jeff, I tested this out and it looks like it works over http - so if you have ThingWorx hosted on 8080 (or 80), try the same with this url - http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#mashup=LogViewer

• Re: Has anyone gotten the PDF Extension to work?
          qngo Creator

Hi,

when I execute the service CreatePDF from the Composer, there's an error:

Unable to Invoke Service CreatePDF on PDFExport : Could not launch browser. Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'ubuntu', ip: '127.0.1.1', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '4.4.0-21-generic', java.version: '1.8.0_92' Driver info: driver.version: JBrowserDriver

The error in Logs Application:

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@75ac754e][message: Unable to Invoke Service CreatePDF on PDFExport : Could not launch browser.

The error in Tomcat (catalina.out):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/webkit/network/CookieManager

at com.machinepublishers.jbrowserdriver.JBrowserDriverServer.main(JBrowserDriverServer.java:74)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.webkit.network.CookieManager

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 1 more

Based on this issue (Linux: can not start the driver · Issue #186 · MachinePublishers/jBrowserDriver · GitHub), I tried to install the package "openjfx" but it doesn't resolve the problem.

Did you have this error when using the extension (new version March 2017) ?