cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Google Maps Widget Modal Popup Bug

ashleyg
1-Newbie

Google Maps Widget Modal Popup Bug

Hi All,

Just wondering if everyone else is experiencing the same issue.

I am using ThingWorx 7.2 and Chrome for displaying a Google Maps widget on a modal popup (static mashup) along with some other widgets (labels, list etc).

When viewing this modal popup, through a Navigation Widget, the Google Maps Widget tends to display fine. However if I close this modal popup and reopen again by clicking the Navigation Widget the Google Maps Widget disappears, this happens for all subsequent times I open the modal popup until I refresh the page. I have also noticed this problem happening in previous versions of ThingWorx (7.1, 6 etc).

I have tried this using FireFox and the problem is even worse as I cannot get the Google Maps widget to display at all on a poup.

This is a rather annoying bug as it means that Customers would have to refresh the page everytime they want to open a modal popup (which may be several times on the same page).

Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Is there a workaround or do I need to open a case to PTC?

Many Thanks

Ashley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ashleyg)

Hi Ashley,

I can reproduce this on ThingWorx version 7.2.2 with Google map added in a Static Mashup and opening this Mashup as a Modal Popup.

Please open a case with PTC.

Workaround would be to use Google Map in a responsive Mashup.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Ashley,

I can reproduce this on ThingWorx version 7.2.2 with Google map added in a Static Mashup and opening this Mashup as a Modal Popup.

Please open a case with PTC.

Workaround would be to use Google Map in a responsive Mashup.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Many thanks Ankit!

Can you confirm that the Google Maps Widget will work in a responsive modal popup? If not I'll try myself.

Thanks

Ashley

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Ashley,

Yes, I added Google Map widget in a Responsive Mashup and then used it in a modal popup of Navigate widget. It worked fine for me.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Thanks Ankit!

Top Tags