cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How can we make our service execute automatically at regular intervals.

psaxena
1-Newbie

How can we make our service execute automatically at regular intervals.

i want my service should automatically execute after every one second.

9 REPLIES 9
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:psaxena)

Hi Priyanshi Saxena​,

You can use Timer event for that. But as per my understanding 1 sec would be too early. Can you explain your use case.

You can subscribe to the timer event and call your service in the subscription code.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

How to change the time interval of timer?

For different time intervals you need to create different timer things with different configurations and then Add subscription in Things, Thing Templates or Thing Shapes wherever you want. In subscription info tab select Timer thing(Timer thing configured with desired time interval) as source and event as Timer

Thanks!

You have to go the the Timer thing you created on the composer and go the the Configuration options on Left panel.

Hi Carles

This is for Timer thing but I was talking about the TimerEvent which is already created

TimerEvent it's triggered on TImer thing frequency, if you want to have different frequencies you need different Things.

so in this case the Thing in which we are subscribing to the timer event should have template as timer?

No, you can subscribe from any other Thing To the Timer Thing, but there's only one TimerEvent, which will trigger all the subscriptions.

Thanks Carles.

Top Tags