7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 9:47 PM by sdo RSS
    aarasan Newbie

Issue with PostgreDBSetup

Hi,

I'm trying to install Thingoworx 7.1 and I have installed postgreSQL 9.4.8.1 that i got along with the installer and the Database user login was also created as twadmin.

When i configure and execute the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat script, i end up with the below error

I had highlighted the way i execute the scrip in yellow colour. I had also attached the batch file that I'm executing in this post. Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Amarkarthi.

• Re: Issue with PostgreDBSetup
        aminec Apprentice

Hi Arasan,

Here are below some basic troubelshooting tips when installing Postgresql DB for ThingWrox. I hope this helps:

• Ensure 'ThingworxStorage', 'ThingworxPlatform' and 'ThingworxPostgresqlStorage' folders are created
        • The folders have to be present in the root directory unless specifically changed in any configurations
        • Recommended to grant sufficient privileges (if not all) to the database user (twadmin)
        • Note: While running the script in order to create a database, if a schema name other than 'public' is used, the "search_path" in "postgresql.conf" must be changed to reflect 'NewSchemaName, public'
        • Grant permission to user for access to root folders containing 'ThingworxPostgresqlStorage' and 'ThingworxPlatform'
        • The password set for the default 'twadmin' in the pgAdmin III tool must match the password set in the configuration file under the ThingworxPlatform folder

Best Regards,

Amine

sshi Newbie

hi,

please  open your thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat file and replace tablespace_location to your real location。

such as:

SET tablespace_location=E:/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

then clean your old operation and double click thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat。

Best Regards,

zero

sdo Newbie

1. Give all permission to the folder (C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage)

permission.png

2. Use the following command below:

thingworxpostgresDBSetup.bat -a postgres -u twadmin -l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

command.png

3. Result:

result.png

sdo Newbie

Do you make a directory (ThingworxPostgresqlStorage)?