cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

pushing data from thingworx list widget to Edge micro server

msakshi1
1-Newbie

pushing data from thingworx list widget to Edge micro server

Hello,

I am using a list widget, where on clicking- the selected item should change the value in Edge micro server.

Eg: i am using an infotable(Door_State), it has Data shape as(Door_Status) which further has a field defination as Door.

so, if i click the state of door(open/close) in list widget, that should change the value in EMS.

I am doing getValue in EMS.

Is there a way to get the selected item in the list to the EMS, on clicking any value in the list - the new selected value should get updated or show the result in EMS?

2 REPLIES 2
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:msakshi1)

Hi Mayur Sakshi​,

Are you looking for how to get the selected value from list widget and call the service?

If yes, you can select the value using the Selected Row(s) of the service which is feeding the list widget and call the service to update in EMS on SelectedRowsChanged event.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hello Sakshi In addition to calling the service , you also need to make sure , the code on the Edge server (Virtual object) should be binded to Remote thing on the Thingworx Server because for sending data from Thingworx to Edge , Binding is mandatory.

Top Tags