cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Plugin to let users create other users within their organization?

lgonzalez
1-Newbie

Plugin to let users create other users within their organization?

Hi,

I need to define several organizations in my system. Each organizations have users. I would like that users can create users within their organizations. Whats the easiest way to create this? What about any plugin that allows user management within organizations? Thanks a lot!

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Luis,

This kind of plugin doesn't exist.

In order to create Users you should leverage Resources["EntityServices"].CreateUser() service, once the user it's created you can aggregate that User to the desired organization with corresponding Organizations["organizationName"].AddMember() service. You can wrap both services on a custom made by you that does both.

You will have lots of security things to overpass to do this, but it's hard to explain here. Collection Permissions, User Permissions, Services Permissions, and all wrapped in a secure way...

Best Regards,

Carles.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Luis,

This kind of plugin doesn't exist.

In order to create Users you should leverage Resources["EntityServices"].CreateUser() service, once the user it's created you can aggregate that User to the desired organization with corresponding Organizations["organizationName"].AddMember() service. You can wrap both services on a custom made by you that does both.

You will have lots of security things to overpass to do this, but it's hard to explain here. Collection Permissions, User Permissions, Services Permissions, and all wrapped in a secure way...

Best Regards,

Carles.

Thanks a lot Carles! is a pitty there is not such functionality implemented and that all these flows have to be implemented from scratch

Well it's just two service calls, and there's a lot more custom things to do when you create a user for an organization, also you can have multi organization users and so, every project here probably will be different.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:lgonzalez)

These are great ideas for 'Utilities/Extensions' that someone could create as a package for Thingworx!

It certainly isn't hard to do and everyone has a need for the functionality.

Top Tags