cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Add Mapskins to google maps widget

jharfmann
1-Newbie

Add Mapskins to google maps widget

Hi,

I am new to thingworx and have been playing around with the google map widget.  I have requirement for a POC that I am working on where I need a dark themed Mapskin for the google map.  I downloaded the extension .zip file from the market place and updated the goolgemap.ide.js and goolgemap.id.runtime.js files where I believe is the correct spot (see below) and also increased the version iteration in the metadata.xml.  I am then able to load the extension into the composer, however after the extension is installed I cannot see to google maps widget as a menu option.  Do I need to overwrite or uninstall the existing widget or modify the metadata.xml of the new widget?

googlemap.ide.js line 29:

'MapSkin': {

'isBindingTarget': false,

'description' : 'A few options on the look of the map',

'baseType': 'STRING',

'defaultValue': 'normal',

'selectOptions': [

{ value: 'normal', text: 'Normal' },

{ value: 'blue', text: 'Blue' },

{ value: 'gray', text: 'Gray' },

{ value: 'dark', text: 'Dark' }.

]

},

googlemap.ide.runtime.js line 146:

switch( this.getProperty('MapSkin','normal') ) {
        case 'normal':
        break;
        case 'blue':
        options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#193341"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#2c5a71"}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#29768a"},{"lightness":-37}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#406d80"}]},{"featureType":"transit","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#406d80"}]},{"elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#3e606f"},{"weight":2},{"gamma":0.84}]},{"elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#ffffff"}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"weight":0.6},{"color":"#1a3541"}]},{"elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"poi.park","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#2c5a71"}]}];
        break;
        case 'gray':
        options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"landscape","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":65},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"poi","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":51},{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":30},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"road.local","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":40},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"transit","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.province","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"lightness":-25},{"saturation":-100}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"hue":"#ffff00"},{"lightness":-25},{"saturation":-97}]}];
break;

case 'dark':

options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"all","elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"saturation":36},{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":40}]},{"featureType":"all","elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":16}]},{"featureType":"all","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":17},{"weight":1.2}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.country","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.country","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.country","elementType":"labels.text","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.province","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.locality","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"},{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"30"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.neighborhood","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.land_parcel","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"},{"gamma":"0.00"},{"lightness":"74"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"landscape.man_made","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"lightness":"3"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":21}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":17}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":29},{"weight":0.2}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":18}]},{"featureType":"road.local","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":16}]},{"featureType":"transit","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":19}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":17}]}];

break;            

}

Thanks,

Jason

1 REPLY 1

Dumb question, but did you say yes to refresh Composer? You have to reload to see the custom widgets in extensions sometimes.

Top Tags