Hi mustafa bereket,
It seems that you have created the alert on Thing Template.
So, you cannot delete the Alert but you can disable it.
Please try following if it works:
1. Open the alert in the Thing Property.
2. Set Override? as Override and save it.
3. Now disable the alert using RestApi by using DisableAlertsForProperty inbuilt service.
I hope it helps.
I dont think I created alert on a thing template, I am adding alerts to a standard "Thing" with generic ThingWorx services called "AddOrUpdateAnAlert".
I need to be able to delete the alert rather than disabling, it works for the most time for most of the devices. However, it gave me this error in the last couple of times and it is very scary for us because our customers are currently using it to delete and create alerts.
That is why I need immediate assistance about this or I will need to open up a support ticket for this.
Thanks for the help though,
Hi mustafa bereket, "Alert [musta] is an inherited alert on property" indicates that alert is not created on thing. Could you please check to confirm.
If you need immediate assistance; I would suggest you to open a support ticket with PTC TS.
Hi Ankit Gupta
Thanks for you help and here is some other Interesting things happening about this error:
- There is no consistency for this problem, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.
- Even though I am getting "Alert [musta] is an inherited alert on property" this error message on response header, I am still able to delete it when I use ThingWorx composer,
Do any of these ring a bell?
Thanks in advance