5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 10:51 AM by nvelagaleti RSS
    agoth Newbie

eclipse plugin tutorial can not resolved getConfigurationSetting

HI

I'm trying the eclipse tutorial and i have a problem on this page:

http://developer.thingworx.com/guides/eclipse-plugin-thingworx-extension-development-tutorial?page=7

After pasting the quellcode at the end on this page:

"getConfigurationSetting cannot be resolved or is not a field"

This belongs to all similar functions like:

"getStringConfigurationSetting"

I'm using:

ThingWorx: 7.2.1

Eclipse: Luna (4.4.2)

Java Delveopment Platform: 3.10.1.v20150204 for Java 8

I used all files which i can download in this tutorial above.

Perhaps it helps:

I stepped forward in the turial and get more functions which are not available:

StringPrimitive()

URLEncoder.

DefaultHttpClient()

BufferedReader

InputStreamReader

Iterator

NumberPrimitive

There are many "primitive" Elements not available, but i cannot find them in the "Referenced Libraries".

Have i forgotten any libarie to include?

Thank you for your help!

• Re: eclipse plugin tutorial can not resolved getConfigurationSetting
        nvelagaleti Newbie

Hi Andreas,

Can you show me a screenshot of your configure build path window? (your project->right-click->configure build path->libraries tab).

Are you getting errors for other ThingWorx related API? Looks like your build path may not be referencing the ThingWorx libraries and other jars.

Best,

Nivedita

agoth Newbie

Hi Nivedita

hier ist the picture:

LibrariesTab.png

nvelagaleti Newbie

Can you right-click on your project, go to Gradle->Tasks Quick-launcher->build.

And share a screenshot of your console after the build. I want to see the errors and the stack trace.

Thanks,

Nivedita

agoth Newbie

Hi

there is a "problem occured":

Problem Occured.png

The Console shows the following information:

[sts] -----------------------------------------------------

[sts] Starting Gradle build for the following tasks:

[sts]      build

[sts] Build failed

org.gradle.tooling.GradleConnectionException: Could not execute build using Gradle distribution 'https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.2.1-bin.zip'.

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.ResultHandlerAdapter.onFailure(ResultHandlerAdapter.java:59)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.async.DefaultAsyncConsumerActionExecutor$1$1.run(DefaultAsyncConsumerActionExecutor.java:57)

at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.DefaultExecutorFactory$StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(DefaultExecutorFactory.java:64)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.BlockingResultHandler.getResult(BlockingResultHandler.java:46)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.DefaultBuildLauncher.run(DefaultBuildLauncher.java:71)

at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.TaskUtil.execute(TaskUtil.java:117)

at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.launch.GradleProcess$1.doit(GradleProcess.java:92)

at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.util.GradleRunnable$1.run(GradleRunnable.java:53)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Received invalid response from the daemon: 'Build{id=a525b8cf-39f4-41da-85bd-d40c733f0d64.1, currentDir=C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop}' is a result of a type we don't have a strategy to handle.Earlier, 'Build{id=a525b8cf-39f4-41da-85bd-d40c733f0d64.1, currentDir=C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop}' request was sent to the daemon.

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonClient.invalidResponse(DaemonClient.java:212)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonClient.executeBuild(DaemonClient.java:168)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonClient.execute(DaemonClient.java:117)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonClient.execute(DaemonClient.java:75)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.DaemonBuildActionExecuter.execute(DaemonBuildActionExecuter.java:42)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.DaemonBuildActionExecuter.execute(DaemonBuildActionExecuter.java:29)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.LoggingBridgingBuildActionExecuter.execute(LoggingBridgingBuildActionExecuter.java:54)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.LoggingBridgingBuildActionExecuter.execute(LoggingBridgingBuildActionExecuter.java:31)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ProviderConnection.run(ProviderConnection.java:107)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ProviderConnection.run(ProviderConnection.java:94)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.DefaultConnection.getModel(DefaultConnection.java:152)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.connection.CancellableModelBuilderBackedModelProducer.produceModel(CancellableModelBuilderBackedModelProducer.java:58)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.connection.AbstractConsumerConnection.run(AbstractConsumerConnection.java:56)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.DefaultBuildLauncher$1.run(DefaultBuildLauncher.java:82)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.DefaultBuildLauncher$1.run(DefaultBuildLauncher.java:76)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.connection.LazyConsumerActionExecutor.run(LazyConsumerActionExecutor.java:83)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.connection.ProgressLoggingConsumerActionExecutor.run(ProgressLoggingConsumerActionExecutor.java:58)

at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.async.DefaultAsyncConsumerActionExecutor$1$1.run(DefaultAsyncConsumerActionExecutor.java:55)

at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.DefaultExecutorFactory$StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(DefaultExecutorFactory.java:64)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[sts] Time taken: 0 min, 2 sec