cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to create and show a region on google map widget

fmanniti
9-Granite

How to create and show a region on google map widget

I am quite sure I can find an example somewhere in the support but I looked for without success.

I want to create an area by clicking locations on google map widget and that this area is visible on the map.

I've seen there is the possibility to bind a region but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have a ThingTemplate with 10 things, each thing has a location property, I want those 10 locations set a region.

If I load the GetImplementingThingsWithData service and bind AllData to RegionData, I can't see my region.

Another thing I would like to do is make the user define a new region by clicking a certain number of points on the map which will set the perimeter of the area.

Is there anyone who could explain me this? Or also could give me a link with a document I can read?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aduarte
6-Contributor
(To:fmanniti)

Hello,

For your first question, take a look at this: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS225480

I hope that this can help you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aduarte
6-Contributor

Hello,

For your first question, take a look at this: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS225480

I hope that this can help you.

Thank you very much. It's what I needed.

Just another question:

what if I want to show only one region?

I mean, I have a thing template which has one infotable property called "perimeter". To show them all I must bind "All data" from GetImplementhingThingsWithData to RegionData and SelectedRow(s)->perimeter->SelectedRow(s) to RegionLocationData.

But if I would only show the region for the selected entity I do the same thing  but instead bind "All data" to RegionData, I would bind "SelectedRow(s)".

My problem is that my google widget is inside a gadget and the list with all entities is out the gadget. Is it possible to do this?

aduarte
6-Contributor

Hello Fabio,

When you say that you have your google widget inside a gadget, you mean that you have it inside a mashup and your list with all entities in an other mashup?

Yes indeed.

I have what follows:

Main mashup

• List widget (A list of all my entities)
  • Dashboard - A dashboard which contains several gadgets
    • Map gadget (with the google map)

So I'd like that the selected entity in the list widget may "speak" with the region in the map inside the gadget

aduarte
6-Contributor

I'm sorry Fabio, i've never worked with dashboards, i don't know how you can pass to your map gadget the thingname of your entity.

I hope that someone else can help.

Regards,

Ana.

Top Tags