Hi Pai Chung,
I have a different requirement for doing SSO with Thingworx and Active Directory.
My requirement is,
I have two instances of thingworx and mode of communication to thingworx is through rest calls through node js and active directory is configured.
I am giving my requirement in points.
1. I need to get username and password from Node JS Login Custom HTML Page.
2. Then, i need to send username and password to some authenticators, which should authenticate my username and it has to come back as response.
(Here, i tried creating custom authenticator and getting validated user, but in response i could not what to send whether sessionid, applicationkey for currently authenticated user, or success message).
3. After getting response, i need to make calls to thingworx from node js until user clicks Logout button in my nodejs application.
4. If user clicks on logout button, i need to logout my session in active directory and in thingworx as well, if some session is maintained there.
I found some docs in support.ptc.com and i am trying to understand but i need so much clarifications on whether i am doing correct.
My clarifications are,
1. Whether my approach is correct, if i thingworx custom authenticator to authenticate and logout sessions of active directory.
2. If you accept first point, then i know how to send authenticate request to custom authenticator, but i does not know how to send logout url request.
If you are doing Active Directory you can use the Active Directory entity to define the Active directory you need to auth against right within Thingworx