cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to integrate with other enterprise management systems through thingworx, such as ERP.

csun-21
3-Visitor

How to integrate with other enterprise management systems through thingworx, such as ERP.

We wanted to integrate with other enterprise management systems via the thingworx platform.Through the thingworx extension, java SDK.REST API or others Interact with other systems.Which is the best way?ths!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:csun-21)

Hello,

In fact all of mentioned ways are proper, according to your needs. The easiest way is to create a service that will send a REST request to external systems (available OOTB and the fastest way). They can be browsed through the Snippet or ContentLoaderFunction Resource. It allows you to send most basic HTTP requests (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE).

There is also possibility to create a Thingworx Extension and do pretty much anything using Java code (or even Java libraries) to configure and connect. For more information please refer to the Thingworx Extension Guide.

Hope it helps, in case of any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

J.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ttielebein
12-Amethyst

What exactly are your requirements?

1. Not sure particularly about ERP. But yes, I have integrated with other WebServices through REST API for Data Transfer and storing.

2. Thingworx extension -> There is a question in my mind, if you are developing a new ERP Interface method/function, then whether it requires you to upload again Thingworx extension or upgrade it? Not sure about it.

ths

jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:Rajesh_A)

Hello Rajesh R,

If you create a Thingworx Extension, upload it and then need to perform any update or additional implementation - yes, you need to update the Java code, change the packageVersion in metadata.xml (Thingworx skips the import of the extension if the new one has the same packageVersion as the old one), build it and import to Thingworx.

Hope it helps. If you have any additional question on that, I'll gladly answer.

Regards,

J.

We have SAP MII extension already build and available on Market Place .

The SAP composite application Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII) enables adaptive manufacturing processes by synchronizing manufacturing operations with back end business systems. With the ThingWorx SAP MII extension, interact with SAP MII queries and business logic transactions directly from ThingWorx.

Please see if suffice your need.

Ravi,

Where is the SAPMII_Extensions.zip located at on the Marketplace.  I can not find it.

Regards,

Hank

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hello,

In fact all of mentioned ways are proper, according to your needs. The easiest way is to create a service that will send a REST request to external systems (available OOTB and the fastest way). They can be browsed through the Snippet or ContentLoaderFunction Resource. It allows you to send most basic HTTP requests (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE).

There is also possibility to create a Thingworx Extension and do pretty much anything using Java code (or even Java libraries) to configure and connect. For more information please refer to the Thingworx Extension Guide.

Hope it helps, in case of any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

J.

Ravi,

Where is the SAPMII_Extensions.zip located at on the Marketplace? I also cannot find it.

Top Tags