cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ThingWorx/Salesforce Integration

jmay1
5-Regular Member

ThingWorx/Salesforce Integration

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has successfully integrated ThingWorx with Salelsforce?

Specifically, using ThingWorx to populate data in SF or using ThingWorx alerts to trigger case creation.

If so, could you summarize the technique you use?

I noticed an extension for Salesforce in the TW Marketplace but its from a third party and they only provide the extension for their customers.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

You may contact PTC sales team for the same extension.

Alternatively, below article discussed about invoking Salesforce functionalities through REST API.

Invoking the salesforce.com REST API from a ThingWorx instance

If you are not getting Salesforce extension, I believe you can start developing your own few REST API methods to call Salesforce functions.

jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:jmay1)

Hello,

If you need to connect with Salesforce, you can use REST API to perform any CRUD operation on the Salesforce side.

Creating REST APIs using Apex REST - developer.force.com

You can do it in two ways:

1. Using Thingworx services you can send any basic HTTP request.

2. Creating Thingworx extension - this is more flexible way, so I'll recommend this one.

Hope it helps, if you need any more assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

J.

nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:jmay1)

Jenna,

I ran into the same issues regarding Salesforce.  The ThingWorx Salesforce connector no longer exists.  I wrote a short step-by-step guide that walks you through authenticating, adding a record, finding a record, and modifying records:

http://www.eacpds.com/product-development-blog/connecting-salesforce-thingworx/

Top Tags