2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 2:28 AM by tjason RSS
    tjason Newbie

Write to Kepware with RemoteKEPServerEXThing Template

Hi All,

I can read the value from Kepware by using RemoteKEPServerExThing template.

But i dont know what is the correct way to write the value to Kepware in Mashup?

I also tried to write the value to Kepware from "My properties", the value is no update on Kepware

Kepware.jpg

• Re: Write to Kepware with RemoteKEPServerEXThing Template
        mattroy Newbie

Greetings,

If you are using the Simdemo project (loaded by KEPServerEX after install), Channel1_Device1_Tag1 should have a Base Type of INTEGER.  This may not be the problem, but I see you are using a STRING.  Once corrected, writes on the Property pages still need to be refreshed using the blue icon.  Remember to check the KEPServerEX Event Log for errors. 

In the Mashup, add a Data Entity that points to GetProperties of the KEPServerEX (IOT_Kepware in your case) thing.  For a quick test, add a LED Display Widget and select Configure Bindings > Binding Sources then add Data1 as a binding. 

Hope this helps.

• Re: Write to Kepware with RemoteKEPServerEXThing Template
            tjason Newbie

Hi Matt Roy,

Thanks for your reply.

I already changed into integer but still not able to set it on the Property page.

For the step below, can i write value into Kepware? (I want to write to kepware)

In the Mashup, add a Data Entity that points to GetProperties of the KEPServerEX (IOT_Kepware in your case) thing.  For a quick test, add a LED Display Widget and select Configure Bindings > Binding Sources then add Data1 as a binding.