cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Issues with installation of Thingworx DataConnect

mdeshpande-2
7-Bedrock

Issues with installation of Thingworx DataConnect

I am trying to set up thingworx analytics on my system. I tried to install DataConnect-52.0. I have referred to ThingWorx Analytics DataConnect User Guide (Release 52.1) for the installation procedure.

• Issues with installing Thingworx DataConnect.52.0
    • I have a VM with Ubuntu 14.0.
    • When I try to install the dataconnect-52.rpm package using the following command: yum install /<path to my RPM file>/DataConnect-52.noarch.rpm

I get an error  "There are no enabled repos. Run "yum repolist all" to see the repos you have.You can enable repos with yum-config-manager --enable <repo>".

I would like to know how to solve this issue.

Also I have some other doubts:

1. Is DataConnect.rpm package compatible with a  ubuntu system?If yes,What is the process to be followed to install it?
  2. Is Apache Spark 1.4.0 with Hadoop 2.4 mandatory to be installed before installing DataConnect? Can it be Skipped? For what purpose does DataConnect need it?
1 REPLY 1

Madhumita,

Thank you for posting your question to the Developer Community.

DataConnect is on limited support, was removed from the product offering in ThingWorx Analytics 8.0 (current release is ThingWorx Analytics 8.1.1 with a new release coming soon!); so I will try my best to assist you on this deployment.

YUM is typically a CentOS/RHEL command, and DataConnect was designed to deployed on a CentOS 7 environment only.

For your second question, Apache Spark 1.4.0 is required, and you can find it here. You can read more about what Apache Spark is, and what it does here.

DataConnect uses Spark to streamline data transformations.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags