cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Special Characters in browser tabs

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Special Characters in browser tabs

I am trying to get the following to work in my application.

The issue I am having is that the ® is being converted to %AE in the URL then the mashup fails to load because there isn't a mashup with the name Reflector%AE

Is there a way to actually make this work as I am hoping?

If I manually edit the browser and convert the %AE back to ® the mashup loads correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:pbaierl)

Hello Paul Baierl​,

As you probably noticed, it's not recommended to use such special characters in the names of entities at all.

Just to test it, I've created a mashup with the trademark sign in the name. If I replaced the trademark sign with '%25C2%25AE', the URL is working.

OOTB Thingworx redirection (e.g. via Navigation widget) are working fine by default.

Regards,

J.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:pbaierl)

Hello Paul Baierl​,

As you probably noticed, it's not recommended to use such special characters in the names of entities at all.

Just to test it, I've created a mashup with the trademark sign in the name. If I replaced the trademark sign with '%25C2%25AE', the URL is working.

OOTB Thingworx redirection (e.g. via Navigation widget) are working fine by default.

Regards,

J.

Thanks for getting back to me Jakub.

Yes, I realize this isn't recommended.  I was asked if it was possible and wanted to make sure I had all of the information before reporting back to the project manager.

Thanks again,

Paul

Top Tags