4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 8:27 AM by kborkar RSS
    kborkar Explorer

How to show output of java file to Thingworx

I have a program written in java and i want to display its output in Thingworx.

Can anybody please suggest is there any way to implement this???

• Re: How to show output of java file to Thingworx
        Ankit Gupta Ninja

Kedar Borkar, Is it a Standalone application or is the code part of ThingWorx extension.

If it's a Standalone extension; you can use REST API to post the data to a property and then use that property on Mashup.

If it's part of an extension; you can save it in a property and use that property on Mashup.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

kborkar Explorer

Can you please provide some link or example so that i can explore that and use it in my java code as i am new to thingworx and not getting enough content to start with.

If you can provide some link with example for Rest API... and moreover i don't have any censor attached i just want to display my fields of java in thingworx.

Ankit Gupta Ninja

Hi Kedar Borkar, Here is a good link for Rest Api in ThingWorx: ThingWorx REST API Cheat Sheet

You would require to do a HTTP post from your Java program to post data to a Property of a Thing in ThingWorx.

Then you can use that property to show data on Mashup.

For more help on ThingWorx you can check the Help guide: PTC ThingWorx Help Guide

kborkar Explorer

I have worked on the java connection with thingworx and i have done it through java edge sdk and it works perfectly.

Try below:

declare below constructor:

public classname(ClientConfigurator config) throws Exception {

super(config);

}

use below code:

ClientConfigurator config = new ClientConfigurator();

config.setUri("ws://ipaddr:port/Thingworx/WS");

config.ignoreSSLErrors(true);

config.setAppKey("applicationKey"); //application Key which you have created in thingworx

classname client = new classname(config);

client.start();

InfoTable result;

//Declaer values to input in service

ValueCollection params = new ValueCollection();

params.put("maxItems", new IntegerPrimitive());

//create service in data tabe if you want to fetch data in it and use it in invoke service

//To read all the values from the Data table of Thingworx with things

result = client.invokeService(ThingworxEntityTypes.Things, "thingname", "servicename", params, 5000);

To update in data table:

ValueCollection value = new ValueCollection();

value.SetStringValue("Status", status); // field you want to give input in service

client.invokeService(ThingworxEntityTypes.Things, "datatablename", "servicename", value, 5000);