cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

A few questions about Thingworx Analytics

yonkim
9-Granite

A few questions about Thingworx Analytics

I am too confused about product configuration in Thingworx Analytics. I would appreciate answering the questions below so that I can clearly understand the composition of the product.

Please answer the following questions about Thingworx Analytics.

• What is the difference between the Predictive Model created by Data Analytics Definition and the Predictive Model created by Analytics Builder?
  • I know that Thingworx Analytics Server can do Prediction and Optimization.What are the differences between ThingPredictor and Predict feature in Thingworx Analytics Server and between ThingOptimizer and Optimizer feature in Thingworx Analytics Server?
  • When the Predictive Model in Thingworx Analytics Server is created, how do I configure the system to receive Predictive data(Days to Failure...) from Thingworx Analytics Server in real time from Thingworx's real-time data such as the Flowserve Demo?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:yonkim)

Thank you for your post, I will try to clarify some points here below:

• What is the difference between the Predictive Model created by Data Analytics Definition and the Predictive Model created by Analytics Builder?
    • Data Analysis Definition (DAD) collects data in ThingWorx platform in order to create a csv file that can be digested by ThingWorx Analytics Server. DAD does not create a predictive model , only the dataset csv file.
    • Then this dataset is processed by ThingWorx Analytics Server to create a predictive model (this can be done via REST API or through Builder)
    • ThingWorx Analytics Builder is an UI to ThingWorx Analytics Server. It allows you to upload a dataset csv file directly and create different jobs: signals, predictive models. The other option to interact with ThingWorx Analytics Server is to use REST API
  • I know that Thingworx Analytics Server can do Prediction and Optimization.What are the differences between ThingPredictor and Predict feature in Thingworx Analytics Server and between ThingOptimizer and Optimizer feature in Thingworx Analytics Server?
    • ThingPredictor and ThingOptimizer are not yet available product so I can't really comment on those

• When the Predictive Model in Thingworx Analytics Server is created, how do I configure the system to receive Predictive data(Days to Failure...) from Thingworx Analytics Server in real time from Thingworx's real-time data such as the Flowserve Demo?
    • EDIT: You can use the ThingWorx Analytics extension to call results from ThignWorx Analytics from within a ThingWorx Mashup.
    • ThingPredictor and ThingOptimizer should help with this once they will be released.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:yonkim)

Thank you for your post, I will try to clarify some points here below:

• Data Analysis Definition (DAD) collects data in ThingWorx platform in order to create a csv file that can be digested by ThingWorx Analytics Server. DAD does not create a predictive model , only the dataset csv file.
    • Then this dataset is processed by ThingWorx Analytics Server to create a predictive model (this can be done via REST API or through Builder)
    • ThingWorx Analytics Builder is an UI to ThingWorx Analytics Server. It allows you to upload a dataset csv file directly and create different jobs: signals, predictive models. The other option to interact with ThingWorx Analytics Server is to use REST API
    • ThingPredictor and ThingOptimizer are not yet available product so I can't really comment on those

• EDIT: You can use the ThingWorx Analytics extension to call results from ThignWorx Analytics from within a ThingWorx Mashup.
    • ThingPredictor and ThingOptimizer should help with this once they will be released.
Top Tags