cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How do you export Source Control Entities from a PTC hosted ThingWorx (sandbox) environment?

mshostak
4-Participant

How do you export Source Control Entities from a PTC hosted ThingWorx (sandbox) environment?

We have a PTC hosted ThingWorx Sandbox which I access through the web-interface. When I attempt to export Source Control Entities (Import/Export->Source Control Entities) it reports success but appears to save them to the server (or at least does not save them anywhere on my system).

Should this be saving the files to the server? Is there a way to access the files from the server? Or is there a way to export them to my system?

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mshostak)

You may go to your FileRepository, find the service named GetDirectoryStructure

Then use the service GetFileListingWithLinks to download the files needed.

Alterntatively you may open a support ticket with Cloud Services and they will provide you the export.

mshostak
4-Participant

Thanks. That will work (with a little automation to push stuff to my system).

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Matthew in addition to this you can also use the CreateZipArchive service available in FileRepository Thing to zip all the entities in a single zip file and download them as a single file.

I hope it helps.

Top Tags